By David Jhave Johnston
Read or Download Aesthetic Animism: Digital Poetry's Ontological Implications (MIT Press) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Within the gradual Philosophy of J. M. Coetzee Jan Wilm analyses Coetzee's singular aesthetic sort which, he argues, provokes the reader to learn his works slowly. The effected 'slow interpreting' is built right into a technique particularly geared to studying Coetzee's singular oeuvre, and it's proven that his works productively slow down the analyzing method in basic terms to dynamize the reader's reflexion in a fashion which may be termed philosophical.
Prepared thematically round the topics of time, area, and position, this assortment examines Charlotte Brontë in courting to her personal old context and to her later severe reception, takes up the literal and metaphorical areas of her literary output, and sheds gentle on position as either a psychic and geographical phenomenon in her novels and their diversifications.
Weather swap is a gigantic and more and more pressing factor. this significant booklet highlights how humanities disciplines can mobilize the inventive and important energy of scholars, academics, and groups to confront weather switch. The booklet is split into 4 transparent sections to assist readers combine weather become the periods and themes they're already instructing in addition to have interaction with interdisciplinary equipment and methods.
This qualitative-interpretative research investigates a cohort of twelve English academics enrolled within the M. A. programme ,E-LINGO – instructing English to younger Learners'. the purpose is to discover if, how and less than what conditions lecture room motion learn, a center element of the professional gramme, can foster instructor studying.
- Diasporic Avant-Gardes: Experimental Poetics and Cultural Displacement
- Everyday Words and the Character of Prose in Nineteenth-Century Britain (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- Thomas Hardy Remembered (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Invisible Terrain: John Ashbery and the Aesthetics of Nature (Oxford English Monographs)
- Lives of Spirit: English Carmelite Self-Writing of the Early Modern Period (The Early Modern Englishwoman, 1500-1750: Contemporary Editions)
Extra resources for Aesthetic Animism: Digital Poetry's Ontological Implications (MIT Press)